I can work with .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, or .odt formats, and will use whichever you prefer. I will return the manuscript in the same format I received it in, unless you specify a different one.
Because I charge on a per-page rather than per-word basis, I use a standardized page layout to establish the page count.
These are the page layout specs I use to establish the page count.
- Page size: 8.5″ x 11″
- Margins: 1″ on all sides
- Alignment: Left
- Font: 12 pt., preferably Calibri (sans serif) or Courier (serif)
- Double spaced
- Paragraph first line indent: .5″
- Extra line after paragraph: 10 pt.
- Paragraph Line spacing: Proportional (or Multiple) at 108%
- Page break after last line of chapter
I’m not saying that these have to be the ones you use in the final product; if what you send me is formatted differently, though, I will change it to these and quote the price based on the number of pages it comes up with. If there are not page breaks after each chapter, I’ll insert those, which will raise the final page count.
Using these settings, a page generally is between 350 and 450 words.